May 2011


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Testimony from Maria

In January of 2010, I found out that I had some fairly significant health issues going on. I felt fine, I mean, sure I could stand to lose some weight but who doesn’t say that, right? I was advised or prescribed to go on a low-glycemic diet and exercise with a goal of losing 60 pounds. SO, I began doing the new LG eating and thought about exercise. It took me a month to get up the nerve to try Zumba but I am SO GLAD I DID!!! I enjoy it so much!

I have met so many wonderful ladies through Zumba for Christ and it has helped me to stay accountable with my exercise. It’s a wonderful and safe environment, and uplifting to workout with my new friends every week. It is the only real exercise that I have stuck with consistently in my entire life. I have lost 49 pounds and have improved or rid myself completely of a lot of the health issues that I was diagnosed with. I feel wonderful, energetic, and can’t wait for class each week. I try to memorize verses to recite to myself when I feel like I won’t make it through a tough song or on a rough day. I am so thankful to have the music on the blog so that I can get an instant pick-me-up. I pray that the Lord will help me make wise choices and stick to what I need to do so that I may be used fully by Him. Making the changes that I have made have really helped me come more out of my shell and more comfortable reaching out to people that I would otherwise be “shy” about talking to, etc. I just want to encourage you to set goals, ask the Lord for help, get an accountable circle of friends, and keep coming to Zumba! It will make a difference that will help you make a difference in your life and the lives around you! Thank you to Candace, Kacey and TSC for providing this ministry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment